The City of Mansfield will be providing three (3) collection sites for citizens to drop off their leaves beginning Monday October 23, 2017:
- The City Service Complex at 480 Park Avenue - 7 Days a week, 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Sterkel Park on Hollywood Lane - Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:00pm.
- Liberty Park on Grace Street - Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:00pm.
All residents are encouraged to use the collection sites or to compost their leaves.
The City of Mansfield is announcing that we will start the curb side leaf program Monday, November 6th. The City plans to make a single pass to pick up leaves curb side. An attempt will be made for a second pass, however, with 5 leaf picking crews covering 642 miles of curbside, the second pass will be highly dependent upon the weather and equipment... Crews will be working daily, Monday through Friday 7:30am to 3:00pm, during regular scheduled work hours. If residents would like their leaves picked up, they are asked to rake the leaves to the curb but, not onto the street, as they fall. Blowing or raking leaves onto city streets results in a violation of City ordinance 911.06(b), plugs catch basins, and can cause flooding. The City will not pick up limbs, brush, grass clippings, trash, debris, plastics bags, or paper bags.
A second pass is scheduled to start Monday, November 20th. This second pass will continue as long as weather and equipment allow. Click here for more information.
The leaf collection route is divided in to four (4) areas. Within the four areas they will be divided into zones that we use for snow plowing. We will be starting in area one and then continuing to area two, three, and four. We will be working with five (5) crews in the different areas and zones. The planned route is as follows:
Area 1 contains Zone 2, 3, and 4. - Completed
- 1 – Crew starting at Madison Rd. and Park Ave East working west (Zone 2)
- 1 – Crew starting at Oak and Davidson working west (Zone 3)
- 1 – Crew starting at Diamond and Main working east (Zone 3)
- 1 – Crew starting at Diamond and Main St. working south (Zone 4)
- 1 – Crew starting at S. Main St and Stimens Dr. working north (Zone 4)
Area 2 contains zone 5 and 6. - Completed
- 1 – Crew will start at Main St. and Lexington Ave working south. (Zone 5).
- 1 – Crew will start Hanley Rd and Middle Bellville Rd. working north. (Zone 5).
- 1 – Crew will start at W. Cook Rd. and S. Main St. working south. (Zone 5).
- 1 – Crew starting W. Cook and Woodhill working south west (Zone 6)
- 1 – Crew starting in the southwest corner of Royal Oak and work north east (Zone 6)
Area 3 contains zone 7 and 8. - Completed
- 1 – Crew will start at Cline and Lexington Ave. and working south west (Zone 7).
- 1 – Crew will start at Woodland Rd. at W. Cook and working north east (Zone 7).
- 1 - Crew starting at Marion and Sherman Ave working west (Zone 8)
- 1 – Crew starting at S. Trimble and Park Ave West working east (Zone 8)
- 1 – Crew starting at Home Rd. and Park Ave West working east (Zone 8)
Area 4 contains zone 9, 10, and 1. - Completed
- 1 – Crew starting at Trimble and Park Ave West working east (Zone 9)
- 1 – Crew starting at Home Rd. and Park Ave West working east (Zone 9)
- 1 – Crew starting at N. Main St. and Sixth St. working west (Zone 10)
- 1 – Crew starting at Walker Lake Rd. and Home Rd. working south and east (Zone 10)
- 1 – Crew starting at Grace at Ashland Rd. working northwest (Zone)
PLEASE do not rake leaves into the street, as this will causes flooding of the streets and other storm water problems.
Also, remember not to park in front of any leaf piles as this will hinder our ability to pick them up.
The image below shows the zones that will be used; click here for an enlarged version.
*Documentation will be added as the streets and zones are completed*
What streets that have been completed so far?
November 7, 2017 – Area 1 - Zones 2, 3 and 4 Completed
November 8, 2017 – Area 2 - Zones 5 and 6 Completed - Updated
November 14, 2017 – Area 3 - Zones 7 and 8 Completed
November 14, 2017 – Area 4 - Zones 9, 10 and 11 Completed
November 28, 2017 – 2017 Leaf Pickup Program - Area 2 Second Pass Completed
December 1, 2017 – 2017 Leaf Pickup Program - Area 3 & 4 Second Pass
For more information, see the following news releases:
October 17, 2017 – 2017 Leaf Collection Program
November 16, 2017 – 2017 Leaf Collection Program - 2nd Pass Annoucement
December 5, 2017 – 2017 Leaf Pickup Program - Closing Park Drop Off Sites